I've been with my company nearly ten years and I feel close to miserable. A lot of it has to do with my boss and I'm so conflicted.
This job, and company, seems to change people for the worst. My colleagues and I were all once very close, because we all started from the bottom and are now in upper level management roles. However, my boss, has changed so much that some days I can't stand being around her. I know that work isn't always rainbows and sunshine, but I no longer want to work with someone who is so miserable, they carry a black cloud and rain crap on everyone all day. Here are some of my issues, and maybe I'm already answering my own question with these:
- Boss throws other managers under the bus to execs.
- Boss jumps to conclusions, before discussing issues and then flips out on managers.
- Boss makes promises and then does shady things behind employee's backs
- Boss says she's stressed because she does "everything" and gives no credit to anyone
- Boss yells at managers in front of their subordinates and other managers
- Boss thinks she's always right, even without knowledge of topic or issue at hand
Boss has no sense of equality and treats all managers differently (some with high respect, some with no respect)
Boss listens to hearsay and makes assumptions based on gossip, not facts.
Maybe I sound whiny, but its hard to convey the issues in detail.