Building a product is never a simple linear process, not to mention processes in large UX teams. Our guest today is Kurt Shmidt, the president of Foundry and host of The Schmidt List podcast. You’ll learn what makes a good design team, what tools and methods are available, how to distribute tasks and make smooth transitions between different project stages.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to http://simplecast.fm/podcasts/1441/rss in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Music.
- Foundry — Kurt’s agency we’re talking about
- The Schmidt List — Kurt’s podcast
- Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD — tools for prototyping and UI/UX design
- ADA Compliance — standards for accessible design
- ZURB Foundation — a famous framework originating from an agency
- Aha!, Trello, Jira, Slack — tools for product & project management
- Follow Kurt on LinkedIn
- Follow Kurt on Twitter: @KRTS
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq — a low-fidelity wireframing tool. Basically it’s like sketching on a whiteboard, but on the computer. The idea is to get the structure of your user interface down before you start coding or sweating the details in Sketch. Try their new web app Balsamiq Cloud free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.