Feeling trapped in hourly billing forever? Welcome to our two-part miniseries on value-based pricing. Our guest today is Jonathan Stark, a famous consultant and author of Hourly Billing Is Nuts. You’ll learn why hourly billing is detrimental to your earnings and to your productivity, how to transition to value-based pricing, and how to conduct all the hard conversations with your clients.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to http://simplecast.fm/podcasts/1441/rss in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Music.
- Hourly Billing Is Nuts — Jonathan’s book we’re talking about
- Episode 68: Conversational UX with Jonathan Stark — our previous episode with Jonathan
- The Freelancer’s Roadmap — Jonathan’s upcoming book
- Productized Consulting with Guest Jane Portman — a recent episode at Jonathan’s podcast, Ditching Hourly
- How To Price Design Services & Make More Money — a talk by Chris Do (how to charge 10 times more for a logo)
- The Why Conversation — another episode at Jonathan’s podcast
- Value Pricing Bootcamp — Jonathan’s free email course
- Follow Jonathan on Twitter: @jonathanstark
- Get 30% off any package of Hourly Billing Is Nuts using your special promocode UIBREAKFAST
This episode is brought to you by Userlist.io — a new tool for sending event-based email to your SaaS users. Overwhelmed with existing automation tools? Try this simple solution for converting free trials, user onboarding, and promoting specific features in your web application. To learn more, join the waiting list at userlist.io.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.