UI Breakfast Podcast. Episode 106: Designing Decentralized Apps with Matt Cyrankiewicz
What does the world of decentralized apps (dapps) hold for us? Our guest today is Matt Cyrankiewicz — a designer, creative director and founder at HOO KOO E KOO. Matt explains how dapps work, what makes them so challenging UX-wise, and shares his insights on the future of this exciting ecosystem.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to http://simplecast.fm/podcasts/1441/rss in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Music.
- HOO KOO E KOO — Matt’s digital product studio
- Decentralized application (dapp), distributed ledger, decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) — Wikipedia articles
- Is Coinbase creating a centralized or decentralized financial system?
- Hashgraph wants to give you the benefits of blockchain without the limitations
- CryptoKitties — a famous game using blockchain technology
- MetaMask, Ethereum — other blockchain projects mentioned
- Venmo — a popular money transfer service
- Understanding off-chain transactions in blockchain for fun and profit
- AxiomZen — a studio behind CryptoKitties
- Dissecting the Ethereum whitepaper in four minutes
- The Quiet Master of Cryptocurrency — an interview with Nick Szabo by Tim Ferriss
- Follow Matt on Medium
This episode is brought to you by Userlist.io — a new tool for sending event-based email to your SaaS users. Overwhelmed with existing automation tools? Try this simple solution for converting free trials, user onboarding, and promoting specific features in your web application. To learn more, join the waiting list at userlist.io
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.