A Peek Into Our Life This Past Week (+ an update on our goals for this week)
Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I’m loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I’ve collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! 🙂
(Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Silas’ flag football team made it into the championship game!
And their team ended up winning. He was THRILLED, as I’m sure you can imagine!
I made some yummy food this week, including Baked Oatmeal.
Which Silas and Jesse were especially excited about since they LOVE this breakfast!
And I also made Crinkle Fries.
I also went to ALDI for the first time in a long time!
I got a GREAT deal on butter.
I made a big batch of Southwest Rollups.
And I filled up the freezer some more!
Silas helped me organize underneath the bathroom cupboard — something I’ve been meaning to do ever since we moved!
We bought some organizational shelves on Amazon…
…Took everything out from under the sink…
And then re-organized it. It makes me so happy to see it all organized now!
A few years ago, the thought of having teenagers scared and overwhelmed me. But you guys, I’m *loving* this year as the mom of a teen.
Kathrynne asked if she could take me out to dinner for her Mother’s Day gift to me (her treat). We decided to go to Blue Coast Burrito — a restaurant we had never been to and had been wanting to try.
We had so much fun together. Laughing, trying out the different salsas, splitting a HUGE burrito, and just talking about life.
I love spending time with this girl and I love that she wants to spend time with me! She wants to talk to me about what she’s struggling with. She wants me to get to know her friends. And she cares about what’s going on in my life, too.
Instead of dreading what’s to come, I feel like the best is yet to come! ❤️
It’s so easy to get frustrated when things aren’t growing or moving or progressing as quickly as we’d like.
We’re not saving money as fast as we’d hoped. We’re not able to pay off debt as aggressively as we’d hoped. Our business isn’t taking off at the pace we had dreamed it would.
Life is full of setbacks, interruptions, and unexpected roadblocks. But just because we aren’t moving along as rapidly as we’d wanted to doesn’t mean we aren’t making progress.
Sometimes, the greatest growth happens in the seasons of waiting. Oftentimes, my most valuable lessons have come as a result of those unexpected roadblocks.
Focus on the progress you are making — even if it feels microscopic. Moving forward — even at a snail’s pace — is still moving forward!
Thank you to @thelatestkate for this image!
2018 Goals Update
1. Read 100 non-self-help books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.) See the list of 44 books I plan to read this year.
**Progress: 22 books read so far this year
2. Read through the entire Bible.
**Progress: I’m using the Robert Murray M’Cheyne plan and am all caught up— yay!
3. Write one handwritten note to someone every week.
**Progress: 25 notes written so far this year
4. Run 500 miles.
**Progress: 178 miles run so far
5. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.Jesse and I went to NYC together in January.
6. Read 10 books aloud with the kids.
**Progress: I’ve finished one book so far.
7. Take the kids to South Africa.
**Progress: We bought our tickets!
8. Go on a family road trip.
**Progress: We’ve been researching and planning for some road trips we want to take this summer. Stay tuned!
9. Save up to pay cash to finish off an office for me and workout room for Jesse and me in the basement in our new house.
**Progress: We started finishing out the workout room this past week.
10. Replenish our Emergency Fund (we dipped into it to replace my car when it got totaled because of the carpet beetle infestation.)
11. Increase our gross income from the business by 8%.
12. Launch 5 new courses.
**Progress: We launched 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life launched in January, Content Creation 101 in February, 4-Week Blog Coaching Program in March, Email List Setup 101 in March, and Make Over Your Mornings LIVE in April.
Links You Should Check Out
- For those of you who have asked more about our Library, I shared more about it here.
- And here are 5 Easy Ways to Save as a New Mom.
- If you missed it, here was our $70 Menu Plan for This Week.