The Trends that will Shape the Future of the Workplace
A recent report highlights essential factors affecting the future of work, while exploring how a better workplace experience results in better employee engagement and company performance.
The report also points to the increasing presence of robotic and artificial intelligence in the workplace and daily life, and outlines the ways that the development of individual and collective human intelligence will guide the impact of technology on life.
The 2018 Global Workplace Trends report, from Sodexo, a leader in quality of life services, focuses on seven interconnected topics with an overarching unifying theme: the need for collective intelligence across all workplace domains.
Featured 2018 Sodexo Workplace Trends include:
- Getting ready for Gen Z. With high expectations around technology and flexibility, while paying close attention to well-being and quality of life, Gen Z is reshaping the workplace in new and exciting ways for all generations.
- The Internet of Things: Shaping the future workplace. IoT-supported workplace environments are an opportunity to operate and engage businesses and employees in a more effective manner by improving comfort in physical spaces, flexibility, precision in the process, and ultimately quality of life for everyone.
- Creating the emotionally intelligent workplace. Emotional intelligence has become a core skill set for high-performing organizations and leaders today. The workplace itself can be emotionally intelligent – by allowing people to bring their full spectrum of emotions to work, and aligning their fundamental human needs and motivations.
- Re-imagining resources in the sharing economy. Forward-thinking organizations are redefining their business models to leverage the benefits of the sharing economy
- Moving the needle on gender balance. To create a gender intelligent workplace, companies must examine the barriers that are holding back women and implement a cultural transformation driven by inclusive leaders.
- Human capital management 3.0: Transforming the employee experience. Human capital management (HCM) 3.0 is bringing all the different technologies and programs (learning, recognition, wellness) together to transform the work experience into the life experience. HCM aims to enhance the employee experience and help organizations perform at their best.
- Employees: New change agents for corporate responsibility. Employees are now key stakeholders when it comes to shaping CR strategies. It is important for companies to give their workforce a voice, enabling them to feel fulfilled—while working toward a better future for all.
The post The Trends that will Shape the Future of the Workplace appeared first on HR Daily Advisor.