Concert Poster – (First attempt – critiques?)
I have had good luck with getting critiques here before, so I'd appreciate it if anybody has any that would help – I was asked to put together a graphic for a concert that'll be in my hometown soon, and if they like what I put together then they'll ask me in the future to do more. So I am trying to put my best foot forward on this. I like a lot of the parts individually and think that it fits together well, but I think I'm still missing some kind of 'it factor'.
I'm going to explain my thought process for the decisions made here, so if I have the wrong idea about something, please feel free to point me in the right direction!
- I designed the logo in the top left corner, the group putting the concert together is called "Building for the Stars"
- The concert is going to be called "Back to the 90's" I got the idea for the type from a graphic I saw online about the 90's
- The idea for the backsplash was originally to be spraypaint since that's very 90's/hiphop, but I didn't like the way it looked. I recently learned how to make watercolor splotches, so I tried a black watercolor and liked it better. I added a blue one in the very back just to have some kind of color because lil Jon is a party rapper. But I did not want to go crazy with color either.
- I kept consistent font style throughout the text in the bottom area, except for the location of 'Times Union Center'
- The crowd across the bottom is something I wanted to do because it's the same shape I used to cut out the text in the logo for "STARS". Not really a big deal that they were the same, but I liked the idea of the consistency.
I look forward to having this torn apart by the Reddit professionals haha. Thank you!
submitted by /u/maxypantsyo