[VIDEO] A Look the World’s Largest Drone Manufacturer | Tech News
A introduction Chinaâ€™s famed DJI (Da Jiang Innovations), the worldâ€™s largest producer of drones world wide. This video features the history of the company, its founder, their financial statistics, and much more.
Below you will find the outline for the power point featured in the video:
An Intro to Chinaâ€™s 100 Most Influential Tech Companies
1, Company History
- Founded in 2006
- Began sales in local market in 2008, expanding internationally a year later
- In 2012, it developed stabilization tech to allow for high quality drone footage
- In 2015, The Economist named DJI as being at the forefront of the civilian-drone industry
2, Meet the Founder
- Frank Wang (æ±ªæ»” / WÄ�ng TÄ�o) born in 1980 in Hangzhou
- Received a grant of just over $2000 USD from his university, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, as a grant to develop drone technology
- DJI was founded out of his dorm at HKUST in 2006
- Became the youngest tech billionaire in Asia
- Private Post-Series B Company
- $30 million Series A from Sequoia Capital
- $75 million Series B from Accel Partners
- Currently raising $500 million-$1 billion in Pre-IPO funding @ $15 billion valuation
- Revenue of $2.7 billion in 2017
- Growth of 65% year on year
4. Drone Line-up
5, Maintaining Monopoly Status
- 70% global market share for consumer drones
- 70% market share for agricultural drones
- China exports 70% of the worldâ€™s supply of drones
- Preparing for an IPO
- Expanding drone market, Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information technology:
- 40% growth for next two years
- 25% years after
ReadWrite, Spoke Intelligence, and LeaguerX entrepreneurial investment all made this video possible. To see more content like this, have a look at the previous video from the â€œ100 Most Influential Chinese Companiesâ€� series on Tencent.
If you are an entrepreneur outside of China looking to explore the Chinese market and see the potential for your business to expand please reach out to us at LeaguerX. We specialize in bringing cross border technology companies to China and are now accepting applications for our acceleration program to help companies expand to the Chinese market.
The post [VIDEO] A Look the World’s Largest Drone Manufacturer | Tech News appeared first on Stay Connected with Tech.