Corsair Scimitar Gaming Mouse Driver
Anyone with a Corsair Scimitar (not pro, but maybe it will work with that as well if you make a few superficial changes) gaming mouse want to test out a kernel patch that adds support for the 12 soft-keys on the side of the mouse? It requires rebuilding all the usbhid modules (but not the kernel, so it actually doesn't take all that long ).
I'd appreciate comments on the patch itself—it's not yet cleaned up, but it works (and I'm running it). I have the USB descriptors if anyone really wants to dig into why this didn't just work out-of-the-box like it ideally would have.
I can give a sample script (using evemu and xdotool) to show how to do the userspace configuration (i.e., actually make the buttons do something).
 To build it:
- Download your kernel source (from your distribution). Patch that source.
- Copy over `/boot/config…' for your kernel.
make oldconfig && make prepare && make modules_prepare
make M=drivers/hid modules
- For the love of god make sure you have another bootable kernel and/or rescue disk before doing the next step.
- Copy over all .ko in the
- Update your initramfs/dracut/initrd however your distribution does that.
- It's probably easier to reboot than try to unload/reload your usbhid driver.
submitted by /u/aerusso