YouTube rolls out new Shorts editing tools
YouTube video layouts can now be edited when converting long-form clips into Shorts, compatible with all Remix tools, is currently accessible only on ios but will be rolled out to Android in the near future.
Editing YouTube Shorts is quick and easy using the YouTube platform's built-in editing tools! Even as a total novice, you can make clever, engaging Youtube Shorts you're proud to share.
How it works.
To use YouTube's new tool, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the video you want to turn into a Short and tap the “remix” button.
- Select “Edit Into A Short”.
- Trim to Select the part of the video that you want to use and then tap “Layout”.
- Here you can choose from various layouts, such as “Single” or “Square” to zoom into one particular part of your video. Or you can use one of the split screen layouts that best fits your video.
- Pinch and drag in the preview section until you're happy with how they look.
- Save the layout.
- Once your'e done editing, you can upload your short.
How to Edit YouTube Shorts
Wondering how to get started with creating Shorts? While the Shorts feature might seem intimidating, crafting compelling short-form video content is easy (if you have the right editing techniques up your sleeve). You've come to the right place! Here are the basics you'll need to know if you want to create YouTube Shorts with real impact.
YouTube Shorts editing tools and features to harness
Did you know you have a stack of handy editing tools you can leverage within the YouTube app? That's right, you can level up your video content with just a few clicks by using these video editing tools. Plus, there are a range of handing content creation features to harness if you're filming videos directly within the YouTube app, too.
Bonus tip: don't forget to add a thumbnail to your YouTube Shorts content. This should inspire users to click and watch your content, so make sure it's compelling and engaging!