How To Start PHP Programming On NetBeans – Info PHP
PHP is a hypertext preprocessor language or scripting language, and it requires a server for execution of Web programs written by programmers. So if you want to run PHP programs on your computer, you have to install the following three things on your machine:
- NetBeans IDE
- Java development kit (jdk)
- XAMPP server
NetBeans is a tool that enables you to design and manipulate Web pages or Web applications. To use it, you have to install the NetBeans tool from the given link. After opening this link download the following file as in the following screenshot:
Java Development Kit (JDK)
Java Development Kit is required to run NetBeans properly, without jdk you cannot create project in NetBeans. You can download it from the given link. After opening this link download the file as in the following screenshot:
XAMPP stands for Cross-Platform (X), Apache (A), MariaDB (M), PHP (P) and Perl (P). You can download it from the given link. It is a simple, lightweight Apache distribution that makes it very easy for developers to create a local Web server for testing purposes. After installing this on your system you will be able to run your PHP project and access database services like MySQL, etc.
How to configure NetBeans for running PHP web program
After installing all the three tools it’s time to configure your NetBeans in order to run PHP programs on local web server for texting purposes. Here are the steps:
- Open NetBeans software from the desktop.
- Now from the menu bar located at the top of the screen click on “Tools” menu and select “Options” button.
- After that a dialog box will appear that contains various buttons at the top. Slect PHP button.
- Now in the PHP 5 Interpreter textbox we have to provide the full path of PHP interpreter, and for this type the location name where you installed your XAMPP server and all in the textbox. Here’s what you need to mention in the textbox: C:xamppPHPPHP.exe.
- After that click OK button. Your NetBeans is configured for PHP development.
Article Prepared by Ollala Corp