Infographic: The true power of Instagram
Instagram has morphed into a popular marketing platform compared to its early photo sharing days.
In just the last year, Instagram has added a number of tools specifically for businesses like advanced analytics, new techniques to increase traffic via Instagram Stories and shoppable Instagram posts.
Establishing a presence on Instagram is beneficial if you are in e-commerce, media and publishing or education. However, if you want to take your business to the next level, you have to fully understand the stats and analytics.
The Make a Video Hub team have scoured the internet to uncover a collection of the latest Instagram figures to demonstrate how effective the platform is for brands and businesses. Take advantage of these stats to create your individual Instagram marketing plan.
Here are some statistics, facts and figures about Instagram:
- Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users (MAUs) or more than 13 percent of the Earth’s population.
- The typical user spends an average of 55 minutes per day on Instagram.
- User engagement is 58 times bigger on Instagram compared to Facebook and engagement per follower is 120 times more compared to Twitter.
- Instagram currently has over 25 million active business profiles.
- 72 percent of Instagram users have bought a product they saw advertised on the app.
When it comes to product purchases, Instagram is very influential and merchants should take full advantage of shoppable posts.
Take a look at the following infographic by Make a Video Hub to see the full picture of Instagram’s effectiveness: