How to Post a PDF on Facebook and Share with Group
Facebook lets users upload and attach PDF files to a post in a certain type of community, such as Facebook groups and Facebook business pages, depending on the type and privileges of the user’s account. This means users can’t do this on their personal page or timeline. However, one of the quickest ways for you to make a PDF available on sites like Facebook is to add links to your posts, which point to your uploaded PDFs.
You can do this by uploading your PDF to a document repository on the Web, such as Dropbox or Google, or your blog or website. Also, if you intend to post a PDF with text-only content, then you can do this through a Facebook note.
You can find the notes under Apps, which in turn is located on the left side of the Facebook page. Just copy the text-only content of your PDF, and then paste it on a Facebook note. If you want to look at your notes, then you need to click “More”. Notes will allow you to format your text, edit and preview the content before posting it.
How to Upload a PDF to a Facebook Group
- Log in to your Facebook account and look for the Groups section, which is normally found on the left sidebar. Afterward, click on “More”, and then select the group where you want to post your PDF;
- The next step is to click the “Add File” tab. You can find this in the post-editing section;
- Click the “Choose File” button. A dialogue box will appear, allowing you to choose your PDF. Once done, your PDF will be uploaded from your computer to Facebook’s servers;
- Go and click on the PDF that you want to post on your Facebook group. Click “Open”. On the left side of the Group page, you can also click “Files”, and then upload your PDF. Keep in mind that the PDF you upload will show up in the post-editing box; and
- Click “Post” to publish it, and you’re done.
Alternative Ways to post PDFs in Facebook
You can post PDFs through the same methods that you use to post images. That’s because you can pretty much convert any PDF that you want into an image. This task becomes much easier if you have purchased the full Adobe Acrobat software, in which you can save a PDF file and convert it later on into a JPG file. Meanwhile, any other screen capture utility, which includes the Windows Snipping Tool, can be used to create a JPG file from any of your PDFs.
You can upload the same image into your Facebook and place it in an album like you would with any image. To make it look better, you can just click on High Quality for the upload, especially if the image is intended to be printed.
Convert a PDF into an Image Through Adobe Acrobat to Post in Facebook
- Use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF that you want to post on Facebook;
- Click “Save As” from the File menu;
- Pick an image type inside the Save as Type box. Choose PNG or JPG, and then click “Save” to convert the PDF into an image; and
- You can now post the image to Facebook as an attachment.
Facebook is everywhere. You’d be hard-pressed to find somebody who doesn’t have a Facebook account, and there’s a good reason why people enjoy using this platform. This social network has managed to place business marketing, personal networking, and content sharing all in one platform. Plus, Facebook fan pages are the main reason why it’s so easy for organizations and businesses to stay in touch with their communities on a more personal level.
So keep these strategies in mind, since knowing how to post a PDF on Facebook can allow you to share useful content with your peers and customers.