Pros & Cons Of Most Popular Site Builders: Comparing The Options
Website Builders are a healthy alternative to creating a website without the use of professional assistance. There are many top site builders offering adequate service to small businesses as well as big enterprises. The website becomes essential for running a business, and not all people find it reliable to pay a hefty amount for website designing.
Therefore, they use website builders instead, which are cheap and affordable solutions for developing websites. But you need to know which is the best for your needs amongst the top site builders.
In this article, you will know about the pros & cons of the top site builders that will help you decide on choosing the ideal one for your needs and requirements for a website.
WordPress is one of the most popular site builders that is affordable and is easy to operate. 25% of all the websites across the globe are WordPress oriented sites.
- Complete website control without any restrictions or limitations.
- Building the website over the platform is easy with the drag & drop feature.
- The WordPress site builder is adequate for eCommerce, blogging, business, forums, and all other types of websites.
- There are loads of themes available for WordPress sites to choose from. You can go for either free or paid themes depending upon your needs.
- There are a countless number of plugins for you to choose and integrate onto your WordPress websites.
- The new users who lack knowledge about website development might find using WordPress difficult.
- You need to look for external hosting services with additional pay.
- WordPress does not notify you of any updates; you need to check them manually.
Squarespace is highly preferred due to its user-friendly interface and has a lot to offer to the people who turn up to it for building their own website.
- The interface is so convenient that you can understand the functionalities of this website builder even without any technical knowledge.
- It has an extensive range of website designs and templates for you to choose from as per your business service offerings. Whether eCommerce, blogging, or other sites, you can choose Squarespace for all.
- The subscription is quite affordable to help new businesses set-up their own websites. The larger enterprises can also come to try Squarespace, one of the best website builders to give their website a modern makeover.
Users can buy a custom domain through the platform and use a website builder. If you are interested in this topic, you can know more here. This explains how to do website design all by yourself. This will help you to put your own design in a better way than any website designer or developer.
- Some of the exclusive features of this site builder is kept restricted for advanced users.
- The personal site builder plan comes with certain limitations, such as the number of pages, contributors, and others.
- Squarespace does not offer seamless third-party integration as compared to its competitors.
Shopify has over 1 million users on its website building platform and has sold over $40 billion products by now.
- The process of building websites over Shopify is easy with a drag & drop feature in it.
- Heavenly features for eCommerce websites such as payment management, inventory management, and others.
- Choose the ideal design or template from Shopify that resembles your business service offerings. Not only that, but all the templates are customizable to make it ideal as per your needs and requirements.
- Shopify offers integration ability onto WordPress for extracting better benefits.
- Shopify is quite expensive for users who are planning on taking up affordable website building solutions. The start-up companies might avoid using this website builder due to its pricing.
- It becomes quite difficult for shifting or moving your website to other site-building or hosting platforms with Shopify.
- This is an ideal site building tool for eCommerce sites as it has features that favor them the most. It does not have many features for all types of websites.
Weebly is one of the ideal website builders for all types of businesses without much coding needs. Here are some of the pros and cons of Weebly:
- No additional hosting services are required, as Weebly offers its complete hosting solution along with the website building tools.
- No in-system application downloads are required as everything is stored in the cloud.
- The eCommerce stores find integration easy over the Weebly website builder.
- The templates and website designs are not limited to eCommerce stores and are available in large numbers for you to choose from.
- There are loads of widgets, elements, features, themes, and others for integration onto the website.
- Some of the popular extensions available with Weebly for integration are photo galleries, sliders, contact forms, and others.
- The full hosting service of Weebly limits you to only its features, and you have no chance of reaching out to third-party hosts for enhancing the functionality of your website.
- The lower plans of Weebly takes up a small percentage for every sale made over the eCommerce website made over the platform.
- For avoiding the transaction fees, you are bound to take the premium plans.
If you are strict on your budget, then Wix is one of the best website builders. Here are some pros and cons to help you make a better decision:
- It has a free hosting service along with its free website building tools and features.
- It allows customization of website features to add a desirable look and feel to the interface.
- It has a drag & drop feature embedded within to make it easy for the users to create a website.
- An extensive range of templates and website design is available with Wix for you to choose as per your business offerings.
- The free plan has ads that will be present all over your website. Go along with the premium version to get it all removed.
- Changing host from Wix to any other hosting solution provider is quite a hassle.
These are some of the top-notch website builders, along with their pros and cons. If you are looking for one, then take a note of all the details mentioned above and choose for yourself. You need to analyze your needs and requirements and do proper research before you could make your decision on choosing one amongst these website builders.