How To Export Your Facebook Data
Facebook used to be a fun place for people to connect with friends and family members, share memes, videos, photos, and so on. However, over the years Facebook has collected so much data on us that it can feel a bit unsettling. Maybe you’ve decided that it could be time to delete your Facebook account, and if you’ve decided to, then you might also want to consider exporting your Facebook data.
Thankfully, Facebook has introduced a tool that lets you download a copy of your Facebook data. This way you can at the very least see what kind of information Facebook has about you before deciding whether or not you want to delete your account. The entire process is quick and easy and here’s what you need to do to do it.
Exporting Your Facebook Data
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click the down arrow icon located at the top right corner of the page
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings
- On the left column, click Privacy and go to Your Facebook Information
- Next to Download Profile Information, click View
- Choose the data you want, the date, and the file format and click “Create File”