How to use photo grid and photo collages in Instagram Stories
Instagram added its Layout feature to Stories in late 2019, which allows you to post a grid of your photos in a Story. Previously, you could only make a collage of photos with the Sticker hack, which is tricky and counterintuitive. While the Sticker hack is harder to navigate, it does give you more creative freedom as it allows you to place as many photos as you like over one background photo.
In this article you will learn how to use photo grid and photo collages in your Instagram Stories.
How to add photo grid to Instagram Story using Layout
1. Open Instagram.
2. Select the blue plus sign next to your profile picture.
3. Select the Layout icon (white grid).
4. Select the Layout format you want.
5. Add photos by selecting the square in the bottom left-hand corner.
This will take you to your camera roll, where you have to add photos one by one. We found that the order photos are placed in the Layout grid to be counterintuitive, so you might have to play around to get the order of photos that you want.
6. Select your profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner to post your Story.
How to use Stickers to make photo collage in Instagram Story
1. Open Instagram.
2. Select the blue plus sign next to your profile picture
3. Tap the square in the bottom left corner to select the photo you want to be the background of your Instagram Story.
4. Once you have your background photo uploaded, exit the Instagram app and open your Camera Roll.
5. Navigate to the photo you want to layer on top of the background photo.
6. Tap the blue arrow (the upload symbol) in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
7. Scroll down and tap “Copy Photo.”
8. Exit Camera Roll and Open Instagram.
9. The photo you copied should appear in the bottom left-hand corner of your Instagram Story with the option to “Add Sticker.” Tap “Add Sticker” and drag the photo and adjust its size to your preference using pinch-to-zoom. (You have to tap “Add Sticker” very quickly or the picture will disappear and you have to go back and repeat the process.)
10. Repeat with as many photos as you want to feature on your Story. To delete a sticker, drag it down until a trash can appears and then drag it into the trash can.
11. Select your profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner to post your Story.