How to Edit WhatsApp Sent Messages on for Android & iPhone
The instant messaging app – WhatsApp is used by almost everyone worldwide with an Android, iPhone, or computer. The app is top-rated, and the reason behind it is the updates.
Meta, the company behind WhatsApp, regularly pushes new updates to the app that introduces exciting features. Just a few months ago, the app got a few new voice recording features, the ability to put voice notes as WhatsApp Status, etc.
Now the instant messaging app got another useful feature that lets you edit WhatsApp Messages. All users have wished for the ability to edit the sent WhatsApp message, but until now, it was unavailable.
Until now, users only got to correct the sent messages and unsend them from the chat. But since the latest update allows you to edit your sent messages, you can now utilize the feature for your benefit.
WhatsApp Message Editing Feature
The latest update allows you to edit your sent messages on WhatsApp. This feature could be useful when you make a mistake or change your mind after sending a message.
Message Editing feature gives you extra time to think and edit the typos in a sent message. It also gives you a time frame to add extra context to a message, even when being sent.
Messaging Editing is now rolling out to all users worldwide, but it will take a few weeks to reach every user. If you want to edit your sent messages but can't find the option to do it, you need to wait a few more days or weeks.
How to Edit Sent Messages on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp just got the feature to edit the sent messages; hence, you need to update the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Important: You can edit a WhatsApp message within 15 minutes of sending it.
Once updated, you must follow the steps below to edit sent messages on WhatsApp.
1. Edit WhatsApp Messages on Android
If you use an Android phone, follow these steps to edit any sent message on the WhatsApp app.
1. Open Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp. Next, open the WhatsApp app listing page and tap the Update button.
2. After updating the app, open the WhatsApp app and select a conversation.
3. Now, you need to select a sent message to edit. For that, long press on the message on the chat.
4. Long pressing on the message will select it; tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
5. From the menu that appears, select Edit.
6. Next, edit the message and tap on the Send button.
7. The edited message will have an Edited tab on the chat.
That's it! This is how you can edit a sent message on the WhatsApp app for Android.
2. How to Edit WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
The steps to edit WhatsApp Message on iPhone is slightly different. To edit sent WhatsApp Messages on iPhone, follow these steps.
- Update your WhatsApp app and open it on your iPhone.
- Now open the WhatsApp chat. Press and hold the sent message.
- From the menu that appears, select Edit.
- Now, edit the message and tap on the Send icon.
- The edited message will be sent on the chat; an Edited label will appear.
That's it! This is how you can edit and send messages on the WhatsApp app for iPhone.
WhatsApp allows you to delete a message accidentally sent to the wrong person. For that, long press on the sent message and select the ‘Delete' option.
WhatsApp Message editing is a great feature, and users have wished for it for long. Now that the feature is live now, you can go ahead and edit the messages that you want. However, the feature should satisfy the '15-minute' time frame criteria. If you know someone who often makes mistakes while typing messages on WhatsApp, share this post with them.