California Bay Area Home Sales Decline 13 Percent YoY in June – Info Risk Manage
by Bill McBride on 7/19/2018 12:19:00 PM
• Bay Area home sales dropped by 13 percent year over year in June.
• Sales in Sonoma and Napa counties slowed by more than 20 percent, while activity in San Francisco, Marin, and Alameda counties declined by about 10 percent.
• Sales of homes priced at less than $1 million fell at the fastest rate seen in two years, down by 28 percent, driven by 50 percent drops in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
• Sales of homes priced above $1 million continued to grow; however, June's increase was the smallest seen in a year.
• Inventory dropped by 2 percent, but the decline was the smallest seen over the last year.
Article Prepared by Ollala Corp