Geo-spatial Scavenger Hunt at Esri User Conference – Info Analytic
Are you excited for this year’s Esri User Conference? We are bringing back the SAP geo-spatial scavenger hunt to put your geo-location skills to the test! This year, you’ll have the chance to win one of two WiFI FPV Drones.
Entering Is Simple
The geo-spatial contest will be open to all Esri User Conference attendees.
- A new set of coordinates and a photo clue will be announced on the @SAPAnalytics and @SAPInMemory Twitter and Facebook pages. These coordinates will take you to a special container with tickets to our daily raffle draw.
- Locate the special container, take one of the tickets inside, and bring it back to the SAP Reception desk.
- To complete the entry, remember to take a photo of the special container or any SAP pods and tweet it! Be sure to include our hashtags, #EsriUC and #SAPatEsriUC and include either @SAPAnalytics or @SAPInMemory.
And the Winners Are…
- At the end of each contest day, a winner will be selected through a random drawing and will be contacted via telephone or e-mail (Tuesday: 6:00pm Wednesday: 6:00pm).
- Prizes will be available for pick up at the SAP Reception Desk.
- Winners must be present at the Esri User Conference and able to pick up the prize before Thursday 12:00pm.
The Legal Stuff, a.k.a Participation Subject to the Official Rules
SAP ESRI USER CONFERENCE 2018 SOCIAL MEDIA RAFFLE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
(1) SPONSOR: SAP America, Inc., 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073, is solely responsible for all aspects of the SAP ESRI User Conference 2018 Social Media Raffle.
(2) ELIGIBILITY: The SAP ESRI User Conference 2018 Social Media Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open to individuals who are 18 years old or older at time of entry and legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (the “Territory”). Employees of SAP or any of its affiliated companies (such as but not limited to SAP SE, SAP Labs, Inc., etc.), and family members of any of the above (parent, children, siblings, regardless of where they reside) or those living in the same households of such employees (whether or not related) and any person in any way affiliated with or related to government entities, government officials or any other person or entity in the public sector are ineligible. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
(3) ENTRY PERIOD: The Raffle begins at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, July 10, 2017, and ends at 6:00PM PM PT on Wednesday, July 11, 2017 (“Raffle Entry Period”).
(4) HOW TO PLAY & ENTER: To enter, follow the three (3) steps listed below:
1. Follow and check the following Twitter and Facebook channels every day (between Tuesday July 10 and Thursday July 11) at 9:00 AM for GPS coordinates and a photo clue of the prize locations.
2. Track down the prize locations on the show floor by using the coordinates provided. You can find the prize tickets at the designated locations redeemable for a chance to enter into a daily draw for a WiFi FPV Drone. Contestants may take only one (1) prize ticket.
3. To redeem your ticket for a chance to enter the raffle, please bring your ticket to the SAP reception and take a picture with the prize and tweet it at either @SAPanalytics or @SAPInMemory. Make sure to use the hashtags #EsriUC and #SAPatEsriUC.
4. A contact number or email address will be required on the ticket. Any information collected will only be used to contact the winner regarding prize pick up (location and time).
Each contestant that tweets/makes the post, will be entered into a raffle for the prize (a WiFi FPV Drone valued at US$150). Only 1 tweet/post per person counts as 1 eligible entry (“Entry”) into the Raffle. One entry per person throughout the whole contest.
By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your photos as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your photo, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the photo; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the photo, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the photo, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights. Your Entry may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held “in confidence”, and your submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between you and the Sponsor or of its respective parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.
(5) WINNER SELECTION & ODDS: All Entries must be received during the Raffle Entry Period to qualify for the random drawing. At the end of each show floor day, approximately 9:00AM – 6:00PM Tuesday, July 10, 2018 and 9:00AM – 6:00PM Wednesday, July 11, 2018 the Raffle winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received in a random drawing conducted by an SAP representative whose determinations are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Raffle Entry Period.
(6) PRIZES & CORRESPONDING APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Two (2) WiFi FPV Drones with 720P Wide-Angle valued at US$120 will be given away in the Raffle. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable; prize may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. No substitution allowed except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize with another of equal or greater value. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Each prize is non-transferable, non-returnable and not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions are permitted. Winners may be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission for Sponsor to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
(7) LIMITATIONS: In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the account by Twitter or Facebook. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 4 are void. Sponsor and any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, interrupted, lost, misdirected, tampered with, unauthorized, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; technical failures of any sort; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releases.
(8) WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified via email or phone on July 10 ,2017 and July 11, 2018. To claim prize, each potential winner will be required to provide his or her email address. Information will be collected by having the contestants fill out a ticket found in the containers. All information collected will only be used for contacting the winner regarding prize pick up. An SAP employee will instruct them to pick it up at the booth or if the contestant is not within the premises. If they are not available to pick up the prize in person, then the individual will have to automatically forfeit the prize.
(9) LEGALESE: By entering this Raffle and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that:  you will be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects; you will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations in connection with your participation in the Raffle;  without limiting your obligations under the prior section , immediately above, you will comply with any laws or regulations regarding disclosure of endorsements, sponsorships and other payments from online endorsers, including bloggers, in connection with any such activities or communications related to Sponsor and this Raffle;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize; participation in the Raffle or any Raffle-related activity or travel or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Raffle information;  the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Raffle or the prize;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Raffle, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winner and prize distribution;  Sponsor has the right to modify prize award procedures at its sole discretion;  the Releasees are not responsible for changes to any Twitter or Facebook function that may interfere with the Raffle or your ability to timely enter; and  unless otherwise expressly stated the creator or manufacturer of any prize does not endorse and is not a sponsor or in any way affiliated with this Raffle.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
(10) WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner (after July 15, 2018), send an email with “Talk Spatial Tour 2018” on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geo-spatial Scavenger Hunt at Esri User Conference,
Article Prepared by Ollala Corp