10 Hottest Non-Tech Jobs in Tech Companies Today | Digital Asia
There is no denying that digital technology is changing the way people live and see the world. From waking up in the morning to going back to bed again at night, the daily life of modern human is almost inseparable from technology. Along with the growing human dependence on technology, the industry is seeing a rapid growth over the years. To balance this development, the best talents are highly sought to find new advances in technology that will improve the quality of human’s life.
Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft are only a handful of giant tech firms included in the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. companies by revenue. Not surprisingly, tech companies often regard as highly desirable workplaces as they offer a promising future and lucrative compensation. Not to mention, tech companies are also known to have positive work culture and offer attractive perks to increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
When we talk about available jobs at tech companies, there are good chances that people will think of tech-related skills such as website developers or software engineers. However, having genius programmers on board is not enough to ensure a tech company’s success. Tech industry is not solely hiring people with technical skills around coding and machine learning. That beings said, in today’s job market, you no longer have to be a tech worker to land a job in a tech firm.
According to Glassdoor’s research, 43 percent of all open jobs at tech companies are currently for non-tech related roles. Out of all the open positions at tech companies on Glassdoor today, just over half are tech roles (57 percent or almost 71,000 open jobs). The remaining 43 percent are non-tech roles, or almost 53,000 open jobs.
See: Majority Malaysian Students Work While Studying to Earn Additional Money: Survey
Here are the most common non-tech positions being hired today according to Glassdoor:
- Account Executive
- Project Manager
- Sales Representative
- Operations Manager
- Account Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Outside Sales
As tech companies grow and mature, they begin to require a variety of more traditional non-tech roles to help transform their technology into revenue. From sales, marketing, to business operations, these roles are open to help scale a company in any industry, creating the opportunity for a variety of positions to work at these coveted tech employers.
But how does pay stack up for tech and non-tech roles? Glassdoor report found that tech job salaries are significantly higher than those of non-tech ones. For non-tech jobs, most salaries are concentrated in the $50,000 to $90,000 per year range. Meanwhile, majority of tech workers can earn up to $80,000 to $120,000 per year range.
Here are top 10 highest paying non-tech jobs being hired today by U.S. tech companies:
- General Counsel $207,800
- Managing Partner $175,000
- Corporate Counsel $147,500
- Legal Counsel $144,200
- Strategy Consultant $136,300
- Product Marketing Manager $123,000
- Business Process Consultant $120,200
- Management Consultant $118,500
- Finance Manager $117,200
- Commodity Manager $116,800
Read also: WSG Launches New Framework for Career Coaches’ Professional Development