Instagram Stories Celebrates Its 2nd Birthday – Info Advertisement
Instagram Stories made their debut exactly two years ago today, and 400 million people now use them each day.
The Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network said one-third of the most-viewed Instagram Stories come from the 25 million-plus businesses that are using the feature, with a spokesperson adding, “This evolution was not an accident: From day one, we focused on bringing new, innovative and interactive experiences to the Stories format.”
Instagram also highlighted some of the additions to Stories over the format’s first two years:
- Connective tools like the poll sticker, the emoji slider and, now, the questions sticker give people easy, quick ways to interact with their customers in real-time.
- Creative tools like GIF stickers and type mode that let brands express themselves more creatively.
- Camera formats like Boomerang, Superzoom and, recently, Focus, which can transform boring moments into something special.
- Shopping in Stories (which is currently testing) lets customers shop their favorite brands directly from their stories.
- Augmented reality camera effects from some of the top accounts on Instagram, including Kylie Jenner, Ariana Grande, the National Basketball Association, Buzzfeed and more. While AR filters aren’t new, we introduced an entirely new way to discover and use them.
Article Prepared by Ollala Corp