116 Video Marketing Stats and Facts for 2020
2020 will not be the year of video marketing. Guaranteed. How can that be?
Because 2017 was. Check Google Trends. Between December 2015 and April 2017, searches for “video marketing” shot up 133%. Since then, they’ve fallen by about a third.
That means if you’ve not embraced video marketing, you may be a (gasp!) “laggard.” Ouch!
But don’t despair the appetite of consumers and business buyers for quality, branded video content isn’t diminishing. There’s still time. And there’s never been a better time, with more simple and affordable video creation and editing tools available than ever before.
- Video is huge: 86% of businesses now use video (including non-marketing videos such as training) on their websites, and 77% use video in social media.
- Business videos (and our attention spans) are short: 75% of all videos produced in 2018 were less than two minutes long, but just 59% of viewers will watch a 90-second video all the way through.
- Adding video to your marketing emails can increase click rates by 300% (!).
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, and almost 77% say they are getting results with it.
What are the benefits of video marketing?
- Among businesses using video for marketing, 84% say it increases traffic to their websites, and 80% report that it increases average visit time.
- 81% say video helps generate more leads.
- Video can increase organic search traffic by as much as 157%.
- It builds trust. 57% of consumers say video gives them more confidence in making online purchases.
Who watches online videos?
- 96% of U.S. Internet users aged 18-24 watch videos on YouTube. But it’s not just for young adults: the 35+ and 55+ age groups are the fastest growing segments on YouTube.
- 57% of Millennials watch more video on social media than they do on TV.
- Almost 80% of video viewers watch them on smartphones, and more than a quarter of smartphone users watch at least one video per day, on average, on their devices.
- Most importantly, it’s viral: 92% of mobile video consumers say they share videos with others.
Info-graphics by: Review 42