Google Ads Now Allows Some Online Pharmacies to Advertise
Google wrote “in April 2020, Google updated the US and Canada country-specifics of the Healthcare and medicines policy to allow certified telemedicine providers to promote online pharmacy services. As a result, LegitScript certified telemedicine providers may apply for healthcare related advertising effective immediately.”
Your online pharmacy needs to be accredited by either:
(1) LegitScript Healthcare Merchant Certification and Monitoring Program
- Internet pharmacy certification – Techrefills, transfers, or new prescriptions; or pharmacies that fill via mail-order or some other form of remote ordering service.
- Telemedicine certification – Techprescribing.
(2) National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
- VIPPS – Techfunctionality, including the sale (or facilitation of sale) of prescription drugs or the acceptance of new prescription drug orders through their website.
- Pharmacy Verified Websites Program – Tech”.Pharmacy” top-level domain are available to pharmacies with full or limited online functionality, including sale (or facilitation of sale) of prescription drugs or services, acceptance of new prescription drug orders through their website, and prescription refills or transfers.
Forum discussion at Twitter.